Check out this X-ray image showing a live fish found inside the lung a Indian boy named Anil Barela.
According to theTimes of India, the 12-year-old was playing some weird fish swallowing game with his friends when he accidentally inhaled the creature. Instead of going down his esophagus, the fish decided to detour by entering his left lung via the wind pipe.
It didn't take long for Anil to start gasping for air. He was taken to hospital, where medics discovered that levels of oxygen in his blood had plummeted. Fortunately, Anil survived the 45-minute emergency operation, but the fish was not so lucky.
Here's what happened during surgery, according to chest specialist and bronchoscope expert Dr Pramod Jhawar:
'X-ray displayed the left lung completely opaque due to the presence of a foreign object.
'The fish was live and taking its last breath when the bronchoscopy was done, restricting the functioning of both the longs resulting in low intake of oxygen.'
So there you have it, even goldfish isn't safe for kids now. Maybe we should just leave 'em in the corner and ask them to play with shadows or something.